Office Followup Visit
Approximately one hour
There is an additional fee for office consultation with twins.
I have seen the last 600+ families virtually and it has worked very well over these last few years. As an IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) for over 25 years I have worked with thousands of families resulting in easier, more comfortable infant feeding. A typical consultation takes approximately one hour and includes a full history on baby and mother, observations and assistance with breastfeeding and/or pumping/bottle feeding, and a thorough report filed with your health care provider with copy of care plan for you within 24 hours. Currently all consultations are virtual. Follow up phone calls or emails are usually included.
Additional charge for Twins visit
Appointments for consultation can be made by calling 919-389-1599 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . A fee of $25 will be charged for missed appointments with less than 24 hours notice.
In addition, all Medela Symphony breast pumps and Baby Weigh scales are available for rent at the lowest prices in the Triangle. Accessories and pump parts are also available.
What to have ready for consultation
- Your baby ready to eat (not necessarily famished, but ready and willing) It is helpful for us to chat a bit first if possible.
- Dress baby in something easy to get off in case it helps to bring baby skin to skin
- You will be breastfeeding, so wear something you are comfortable in.
- Have ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you might be using for feeding, including nipple shield, tubing, syringes, bottles, etc. I’d like to see it all.
- Your pump if you are pumping (including parts) IF you would like to check on correct fit of breastshields, etc. which you may have already sent me a video of
- Some milk — your own milk or donor milk but, if unavailable, then, formula. About 2 ounces. We may not need it at all, but just in case..